What’s Cognician all about?
At Cognician we believe that anyone is capable of growing, changing and being more than who they are, if they have the right tools. It’s our mission to create these tools and to encourage a lifelong love of learning in our customers – and once they’re created, to look at how they’re being used, and keep making them better and better!
Does this mission stir something in you? Do you believe that learning should be fascinating and fun? Do you yearn for a job where everything you do is focused on making people’s lives better? Do you want to be in a job that challenges you to create better solutions every day – solutions that will help people around the world to help themselves?
We don’t do average at Cognician. If you have the courage – and the will – to be world class every day, then we’d love to have you on our team. In exchange, we’ll offer you the opportunity to work with world-leading thinkers in education. And we promise that you’ll have the same opportunities to learn and grow that we offer our customers. We take personal growth seriously and we want folks with us who feel the same – for their own sake, as well as ours.
We have clients in North America, Europe, Africa and Australia – including multinational companies, NPOs, universities and schools. We’re building the world’s best platform for online learning and we’re looking for interns who can help us along the way! Curious? Inspired? Excited? We’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for interns with a variety of data analysis related skills: programming, stats, analytics, writing, design – as well as more general skills like social media, customer support or blogging!! If we bring you on board as part of our team, you’ll be tasked with exploring your skills and talents in various fields of data science as well as the various domains core to what Cognician does.
As our data intern, you will be part of the reporting team, and will help on a variety of tasks: gathering and cleaning datasets from our database, composing reports in excel or slide format, creating visualisations, exploring datasets to produce valuable insights for our client service team, assist customer support by investigating user behaviour, as well as contribute to developing our reporting and Business Intelligence capabilities! You will also be mobilised on various other tasks which will allow you to explore other domains like social media, blogging or project management!
Are you passionate about what we do? Do you want to be champion of a data driven culture? Are you eager to jump in the deep end? Do you have a hunger for learning? Do you think you have skills that could add value, and do you want to have some fun? Then contact us for more! We’re open to chatting to each and every one of you 🙂
Benefits of working at Cognician
- Free access to some of the best personal development tools in the world 🙂
- Unlimited access to Cognician’s library, housing hundreds of books
- iMacs and Macbooks, along with free access to some of the best online software: Google Apps, Asana, Lucid Charts, InVision, Browserstack, Github, Murally, Flowdock, etc.
- Exposure to industry experts at our monthly Mind Melds
- Annual company retreat to somewhere fabulous, called our Mega Mind Meld
- Free access to industry specific conferences and training
- Flexible working hours and locations
- Free drinks and braai every Friday at our funky new offices
- Learning and gaining experience from professionals in various fields of work
- And so much more!
Here’s how you can apply
Please read the following carefully – it’s important!
- We need you at our home base in Cape Town, South Africa; this is not a remote position.
- Please include details of work experience or extracurricular activity that you are or have been involved in. This includes full time employment, internships, social work, clubs, etc.
- Language is core to our work, so please make sure you don’t have any spelling and grammar mistakes!
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Tertiary qualifications would be an advantage – especially in the fields related to data science.
- Please send any and all references, as well as testimonials if you have some.
Who we work with is just as important as what we do. Tell us about yourself! You can meet us on our team page! Try and set yourself apart from the other applicants – show us what makes you special!
Please only get in touch if you’re able to meet all these needs – we don’t want to disappoint you 🙂