When accessing our website, Cognician Software, Inc and other group companies (hereforth referred to as Cognician) will learn certain information about you. How we will handle information we learn about you depends upon what you do when visiting our site.
If you visit our site to read or download information on our pages, we collect and store only the following information about you :
1. The name of the domain from which you access the Internet.
2. The date and time you access our site.
3. The Internet address of the website you used to link directly to our site.
If you identify yourself by sending us an e-mail containing personal information, then the information collected will be solely used to respond to your message.
The information collected is for statistical purposes. Cognician may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, Cognician uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Cognician will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us, nor will such information be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without the approval of the user at the time of collection.
The only client data collected by Cognician is:
– The name of the domain from which our clients access the Internet
– The date, time, and time zone of website access
– The Internet addresses of websites used to link directly to our siteUsage of our platform
– Data generated on the Cognician platform
– Data pertaining to the unique identification of a user on the Cognician platform (such as name and email address)
The data collected is for statistical purposes; as such, it may be aggregated or transformed in any way that Cognician Inc. and group companies deem suitable for analysis. Cognician may use software programs to create summary statistics that are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to different sections of our site, establishing what information is of most and of least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
No personally identifiable information (PII) will be used in any analysis without direct permission. In cases where direct permission is not received, any PII will be anonymised before analysis begins.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, Cognician use software programs to monitor network traffic. This is to identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Cognician will further ensure that:
– The data will be collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
– The data will be processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries
– The data will not be stored for more than the amount of time specified in a partner master agreement or statement of work
– The data will be accurate and kept up to date
– The data will not be distributed to any parties other than the ones agreed upon by the owner of the data (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities)
– The data will not be transferred to organisations, states or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies
– The data will not be communicated informally
– The data will be protected against any unauthorised or illegal access by internal or external parties
In order to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, Cognician requires all PII processing partners to be Privacy Shield-compliant.
Disclosure Regarding Intercom Sessions
Cognician uses the services of Intercom, Inc. in order to manage communication and support requests.
Intercom uses a unique cookie which is associated to an individual which enables it to provide its services. These cookies are stored within a user’s browser, and the management of these cookies may be done through the browser.
All data collected through the Intercom interface is use for the express purpose of communication with Cognician’s users and to offer support to this userbase. Cognician does use this data for support query analysis. User location may also be analysed for reporting purposes, or analysis which may require timezone analysis.
Disclosure Regarding Google Display Advertising
We implement Google Analytics features that use Display Advertising information for Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising, to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, by going to the Google Analytics opt-out page.